Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

my gmail password got stored and I want it erased

bplant410

I logged into a personal email acct on my work macbook and it stored my password Did it on a private page figuring... but now every time I go to gmail my personal email acct & password are there

I logged into a personal email acct on my work macbook and it stored my password Did it on a private page figuring... but now every time I go to gmail my personal email acct & password are there

All Replies (1)

Chosen Solution

Try the Preferences page:

  • Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
  • Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options
  • Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
  • Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it

In the left column, click Privacy & Security and on the right side, click Saved Logins. Can you remove it from here?

More info: Password Manager - Remember, delete and edit logins and passwords in Firefox