Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Allow me to put the tabs back where I had them. Not at the top.

MPCaseJr

First you shove astralis at me, so I have to add the legacy option/addon. If I wanted the chrome look I'd install chrome. Now with 57 I can no longer use legacy to put all things where I want them. What is with the change just for change's sake? It is extremely irritating!

First you shove astralis at me, so I have to add the legacy option/addon. If I wanted the chrome look I'd install chrome. Now with 57 I can no longer use legacy to put all things where I want them. What is with the change just for change's sake? It is extremely irritating!

All Replies (6)

Hello! You can edit your userChrome.css style for this - here is a video tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xo-OeVjnjs

Additionally for more of that classic look you love, see the userChrome.css style made by CTR extension creator and developer Aris here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx

Why should the user have to hack their browser to put it back the way they've used it for years?

My question is more why the change and less how to fix it. I'm guessing it is becoming too much work to allow options so they are limiting the user to keep things simple.

userChrome.css is not a hack, it's a feature! CSS styling is offered by no other browser.

The video looks like a hack to me. CSS styling isn't offered by the user interface but requires hacking together an additional directory and building a text file in that directory.

A feature would be something one doesn't have to dig for.