Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Open

My gmail account has stopped synchronising with Thunderbird

Alan Rhodes

My @googlemail.com account has been working in Thunderbird for years. Two days ago it stopped. No incoming e-mails and attempts to send e-mails from Thunderbird result in the outgoing server timing out. I can access direct at gmail.

Please note that my previous e-mail: alan.rhodes@talktalk.net is no longer available The replacement: alan-rhodes@outlook.com has been blocked by MS-AI (It didn't like a circulation e-mail to 60 members of my local history group) The only working e-mail I have is the current problem one: rhodes.alan1@googlemail.com

My @googlemail.com account has been working in Thunderbird for years. Two days ago it stopped. No incoming e-mails and attempts to send e-mails from Thunderbird result in the outgoing server timing out. I can access direct at gmail. Please note that my previous e-mail: alan.rhodes@talktalk.net is no longer available The replacement: alan-rhodes@outlook.com has been blocked by MS-AI (It didn't like a circulation e-mail to 60 members of my local history group) The only working e-mail I have is the current problem one: rhodes.alan1@googlemail.com

All Replies (2)

- What version of Thunderbird?

- What is your operating system?

- What anti-virus, Internet security, or VPN software do you use, if any?

- Please quote all error messages you see, precisely and in full. Screen shots would suffice.

- Does this still happen when you restart Thunderbird in Troubleshoot Mode? (see <Help | Troubleshoot Mode>.)

Confirm that you are using the correct server settings. Here are my working Gmail settings - how do they compare with yours?

Incoming Server Type: IMAP Mail Server Incoming Server Name: imap.gmail.com Port: 993 User Name: <my email address> Connection Security: SSL/TLS Authentication method: OAuth2

SMTP Server Name: smtp.gmail.com Port: 465 Connection Security: SSL/TLS Authentication method: OAuth2 User Name: <my email address>

If your incoming is a POP3 account, you would use these settings:

Incoming Server Type: POP Mail Server Incoming Server Name: pop.gmail.com Port: 995 User Name: <my email address> Connection Security: SSL/TLS Authentication method: OAuth2

Thanks so far, Lin. The Thunderbird Version: 153.4.0esr (64-bit) Release notes Thunderbird codename Meadow badge Thunderbird is up to date You are currently on the esr update channel. Thunderbird is designed by Mozilla, a global community working together to keep the Web open, public and accessible to all. OS - Windows 10 All settings appear to match yours. I have tried both OAuth2 and "password" authentification - currently it is on OAuth2 I have two Google passwords - one for the account and one for the e-mail address. Using the Chrome browser, I have checked both passwords as recorded on the Google Password Manager and I can access G-mail straight from the browser without any password input. From Thunderbird in both normal and troubleshooting modes, I have tried all the passwords but nothing works. One exception was the first time I tried the troubleshooting mode. I cannot remember what password I used (I'm 79 and back in the 1980s was managing quite happily with password-free DR-DOS 6 & Windows 3.7!). The In-box synced but I couldn't send e-mail - it no longer syncs. On 7 October, I noted a change of password in my manuscript record. This third possibility doesn't work either

Küsimuse postitamine

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.