I thought by syncing all Firefox settings with the mozilla server, that I was backing them up. How do I access all that with my new computer?
My assumption with the sync account was that I could upload all of my Firefox information to your server, and upon reinstalling the new operating system Reese think that data back down to my freshly installed browser. It now seems to be asking me for a separate device to pair the sink with, which wasn't indicated as a prerequisite initially. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You need three things to connect a "new device" (new operating system) to your Sync account.
- Username = email address you used when you first setup Sync
- Password for that account.
- Sync Key / Recovery Key
If you are missing any of those three things, you won't be able to recover your data from the Sync Server.
I have the first two, but don't recall being given the 3rd at any point.
It's unfortunate that two passwords are required for such a thing, and that the design process implemented during the process doesn't make that particularly clear.
I can't believe all of my bookmarks are now gone.
I'm sure the US government could still look at them.
Do you still have access to the Firefox profile folder on the old computer?