why does www.qwickster.com load everytime I click on abookmark or website?
firefox redirects itself to www.qwickster.com every time I open a website or a bookmark warning that i need to update my media player, my antivirus says my pc is clean I cleared all cookies and cache history but it does the same thing again and again this is the only place it doesnt redirect to that site that loads forever and does nothing help please
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Motive Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Motive Management Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Scan with all programs
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!