Firefox 17.0.7. Menu display, when using extended display (Win7), flickers on & off when moving the cursor to a selection. Reg version of FF works properly.
Using Windows 7, Extended Display option., Firefox 17.0.7
Firefox Menus (File, Edit, etc) and user bookmark lists flicker in and out of visibility when moving the cursor to a selection. This does not happen on the primary display only the second display. It does not occur on the regular release product version (23, etc) and does not occur on any other application.
We are required to use version 17 on internal corporate machines.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
hello bob, that might be an issue with hardware acceleration - please try updating your graphics driver, or in case this doesn't solve the issue or there is no new version available at the moment, disable hardware acceleration in firefox > options > advanced > general.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Firefox hardware acceleration may not work properly with multiple screens that aren't completely the equal in both adapters and monitors.
Perfect! Hardware acceleration was the problem. Many thanks.