Firefox stopped updating a while ago for unknown reason;now stuck at v 220.127.116.11-- trying to manually update from your site doesn't work.
Firefox stopped updating a while (couple of years) ago for some unknown reason. The button is checked for automatic updates. It was a while before I noticed, so now I've been stuck at v 18.104.22.168 for some time, and trying to manually update from your site doesn't work.
No update available will work, since I missed some. I can't even see what most of the buttons are on these pages of your site. Do I need to reinstall Firefox, as some people have suggested to me, and if so, how do I go about doing that? I'm not particularly computer program savvy.
Additional System Details
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r115
- Verified Download Plugin
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/126.96.36.199
hello taav, apple and mozilla stopped support and updates for macs based on powerpc-processors a while ago, so there is no current version of firefox available for your plattform.
as an alternative you could try the independent port from the tenfourfox-project to get an up-to-date browser version (the downside is, it doesn't support plugins like flash and java): http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/
Which version of Mac OS are you running?
Is that a OS X 10.2 or 10.3 version?
The last Firefox version that works on OS X 10.2 and 10.3 is 188.8.131.52.
The last Firefox version that runs on Mac OS X 10.4 is Firefox 3.6.28.
Current Firefox versions require a Mac with an Intel processor and OS X 10.6 (Firefox 16 runs on Intel Mac OS X 10.5).
For an unofficial Firefox 17.0.8 ESR compatible version that runs on a PowerPC Mac with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at TenFourFox.
Modified by cor-el