My pop-up blocker doesnt stop pop-ups from https://www.bizcoaching.info which appear almost every time I click into a text box or on any link - any ideas?
As I have gone through the process of asking this question, clicking on links and clicking into text areas have produced pop-ups from https://www.bizcoaching.info
As some of these contain images I would not like my daughter to see, is there some way of blocking the site? As the pop-up blocker isn't stopping them.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
hello, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by adware/malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and run a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.
How do I remove a toolbar? Your response is rather vague
"Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware"
That are links:
"free version of malwarebytes": http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free adwcleaner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page:https://support.mozilla.org/kb/remove-toolbar-has-taken-over-your-firefox-search Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-caused-malware