Can I install the latest version of FF on Windows 7 Starter
Can I upgrade version 6.0.2 to the current version - 22 I believe, on a netbook running Win 7 starter? I have an Atom N450 processor @1.66 gHz and 2 MB RAM with about 40 GB left on my HD. Can I do the upgrade with that configuration? Will it be faster than the version I have now?
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Yes you can and yes it will be faster. Update to Firefox 22 to get the fastest version of Firefox, and install updates as they come out to stay on top of performance and security. Update Firefox to the latest release
Wow - that was fast! I just about found where the question was posted and there was an answer! Thanks!!
No issue - I just wanted to be sure I could do it before I even tried. Wondered if my system was going to be up to handling the newest FF. But no - no install issue - yet!