My sync doesn't seems to work. All my data is missing.
After reinstalling my windows and completely syncing my firefox. My bookmarks and information are all gone.
I need help here as the bookmarks are very important.
Somebody, please help!
Your time and help will be greatly appreciated!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Did you have Sync enabled before your reinstalled Windows?
If so, after re-installing Firefox did you have any trouble entering the Sync Recovery Key?
If you did have trouble entering the Sync Recovery Key, did you make the mistake of requesting a new Recovery Key?
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
I've just got the same problem as BryanFang, after reinstalling windows and completely syncing my firefox (with the Sync Recovery Key). My bookmarks and information are all gone.
I forgot my password, so when it came to set up my new Firefox I've reset my password. Is this why I've lost everything?
Please, I need your help my bookmarks are very important for me.
Only the sync key is necessary to access data stored on the sync server.
If you reset the password and have you send a new password then this doesn't affect the stored data.
If you however reset the sync key then all data is removed and lost.