Problem with new (Firefox 19) PDF viewer
When I go to a website and click on a link to a PDF, and it opens in the new Firefox PDF viewer, some random letters are missing from the text. If I download the file and look at it in either Reader or Acrobat, it looks fine. I'm a little concerned because this file is part of my online portfolio. Is this a known issue? If so, is it likely to be fixed soon? Is there anything about the way a PDF is created that could cause (or prevent) this?
I'm not worried about the fact that I see this on my machine, I'm worried about whether other people will see it on theirs -- so I'm mostly curious about how widespread this is and if there's anything I can do at my end to prevent it. Thanks for any suggestions!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Reader Applicaiton Detector Plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Could you provide the PDF link and snapshot of that..
let me check that..
Here it is: http://www.aamorgan.com/Rural_Schools.pdf
When I view it, there are letters missing from my name (second line), the first green headline, the last headline on page 2, and the first headline on page 3 (there may be more, but those are the ones I noticed).
Thanks very much.
Sorry for that, its a bug.
Thanks for your information.
Modified by iamjayakumars
I see those missing characters if I select the text with the mouse and then click elsewhere e.g. the location bar to remove the focus away from the page.