I can download documents and photos to Facebook, but I am unable to download the same to create a email attachement. How do I fix this?
I know how to create pdf attachments. I've been doing it successfully for years, but as of a week ago, I am suddenly being prevent from attaching documents and photographs to email messages. They are not being accepted. I am, however, able to send documents and photos to Facebook messages, but not to email attachments. What do I access to resolve this problem?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
What email application are you using?
If it's a web based email program, try clearing your cookies and cache:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I know how to create pdf attachments. I've been doing it successfully for years, but as of a week ago, I am suddenly being prevent from attaching documents and photographs to email messages.
Are you only having problems with PDF files? I'm asking because Firefox 19 came out last week, and includes a built-in PDF viewer. See View PDF files in Firefox for details. You could try switching back to using Adobe's PDF viewer in Firefox. See How to disable the built-in PDF viewer and use another viewer