I keep getting a popup for movieplayerupdate.com. How do I get rid of it?
When I go to certain websites a popup comes up that warns me I don't have the latest movie player. The URL is movieplayerupdate.com. I want to get rid of this popup.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
I do not get any page with that address. It is totally blank.
this is the exact url that always pops up; http://movieplayerupdate.com/flashplayer/download_free/ Then there is a smaller window that appears within the larger window that says; "WARNING! Your Flash Player may be out of date. Please update to continue"
I would get my Flash player from Adobe, not from some third party.
Try a scan for malware:
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- AdAware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
If these don't find it or can't clear it, post in one of these forums for specialized malware removal help:
Hey rojamon, I'm having the same Warning Java window popup issue and I've tried several anti-malware programs with no success. Did you end up fixing it, and if you did what did you use?