After I updated to firefox 19 my computer slowed down, freezes and seems to be eating avail. memory. Why?
I have also noticed that the defrag function is cleaning thing like it used to. I don't understand why this is happening but it all started after I installed the firefox 19 update. Please don't tell me that one has nothing to do with the other. I'm sure that's true but I don't care about that at this time. I just want this fixed. If not is there any way to remove the update 19 ?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2064
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
uninstall your unused/unwanted Addons.
check for uptodated plugins
Your suggestion did not work. Do you have any other suggestions that may help me with this issue?
It appears that I spoke to soon. The course of action you suggested work beautifully, Thank you very much.
I had the same problem. It made my skype slow down and kept crashing. Could not get second pages or tabs. Too many problems. For a while I could not even get online.
My solution that did work for me. I downloaded older version firefox 18. uninstalled firefox 19. installed firefox 18. altered auto updates to ask first. Now I am back to normal. Or at least back to where I was.
Marcos, please update back to Firefox 19 (there are serious security issues in Firefox 18) and then Reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings