Does NOT remember homepage,privacy,security settings upon restart
upon restart 4 tabs open-none are my home page I set on previous session b4 closing-it affects home page and privacy and security settings maybe other settings??
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Winamp Application Detector
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DivX® Web Player
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox Profile Folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Looked for Firefox Profile Folder-does not exist in Mozilla Firefox folder? Searched within all of main C drive for js files-none?Will try other links posted. let you know
When I checked the log file on the virus scanner,it showed multiple mallware problems 2 days ago about the same time as Firefox was updated to v19.0-Problem fixed (deleted infected files on shutdown and restart,if the js files were infected,they got deleted,the reason I couldn,t find them. This is a major problem-the log shows 55 instances at once.It probably deleted a lot more than just Firefox files.BEWARE-run the Microsoft Safety Scanner-Very Thorough. I also ran a scan of the c drive on the resart checking the box "automatically fix file system errors" Not much else to say-save your bookmarks,Delete Firefox then re-install OR in my case look for a new web browser. I've used Firefox since the early Versions now this-Yes I'm upset