Why is that New Toolbar Created while costomizing crashes as soon as Firefox is closed?
I am using Firefox for many years now and I simply love it.The fact
that this is my first communication to you shows that I had absolutely no
problems wit Firefox, until now that is!
The problem is Add-on Buttons along with the Toolbar keep disappearing in Firefox18. I arrange all the Add-on Buttons on a Toolbar created for this specific purpose(Options - Toolbar - Layout - Add New Toolbar). The trouble started when I upgraded from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 4 and then continuing even after 18th iteration of Firefox . All the Add-on Buttons along with the Toolbar started disappearing. I checked if any of the add-on is causing this problem but found nothing.But the Add-on Buttons work fine when arranged on the Status Bar (Now the so called Add-on Bar) which is very inconvenient and clumsy. Later I found out that this particular problem exists in all the Browsers based on Firefox\'s latest version(Pale Moon,Cometbird,Wyzo,Epic etc).
That means something is causing this toolbar to disappear in the latest versions of Firefox(i.e.,Firefox 4,5... and now Firefox 18). So please help me to rectify this problem.I am impressed by the improvements made in the latest versions of Firefox and you will agree with me that the strength of Firefox is that it is highly customizable.But due to this problem Firefox has become useless for me. It is too much to that even after Firefox 18 the problem is still there I am fed up and curse why at Mozilla started this 'improvement drive. I loved Firefox 3 ! Firefox18 is useless for me.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Version 1.0.2, copyright 1996-2009 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Your last post was /questions/927399 and the advice is much the same as then. Start a new profile and add the add-ons slowly maybe one at a time.
The status bar was phased out a long while ago
- What happened to the Status Bar?
- although there still appears to be an add-on to recreate it https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/