X Marks will not sync anymore. What can I do to get it working again?
I am using MacOS 10.4 Firefox 3.6.28. X Marks was working fine until a few days ago, but it just will no sync anymore.
Additional System Details
- Displays PDF documents in the browser.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.2
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.19.0 http://www.musicnotes.com
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
Try the Xmarks repair option, it should hopefully fix the issue.
Open the Xmarks settings dialog, go to the Advanced panel and then click on the Repair button. This will force a synchronization and should correct any problems with the data stored on the Xmarks server.
Thanks to TonyE, but it did not fix the problem. It acted like it was starting to sync, but it just kept spinning forever and I had to force quit Firefox. CEDaley@aol.com
"Open the Xmarks settings dialog, go to the Advanced panel and then click" the pull down menu at Encryption and select "Encrypt All". It was help me....