How do I stop firefox from opening multiple pages?
When I click on a link, multiple new pages load on, usually advertising.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Conduit Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- VDownloader browser plug-in
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!