how do I bookmark sites and avoid that unsorted bookmarks folder? I can't seem to figure it out.
My bookmarks keep going into that unsorted bookmarks folder, where they are not easily accessed. I watched the getting started video several times, and I want to save bookmarks without sorting them. The tabs thing is too complicated right now. I just want a bookmarks folder that will save what I put into it. But if I click on the star in the awesome bar, the link goes right into that nasty unsorted bookmarks folder.
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try this extension:
- Add Bookmark Here 2: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/add-bookmark-here-2/
- Clicking the star in the location bar will bookmark the page in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder and the star turns yellow (blue on Mac) to show that.
- The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder shows in the sidebar and the Library, but not in the Bookmarks menu drop down list.
- Bookmarks > "Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl+D) will bookmark the page in the Bookmarks Menu folder (you need to confirm that).
- "Bookmark This Page" can be accessed via the right-click context menu of that browser page or by using the keyboard (Alt+B) to open the bookmarks menu.
- If the URL in the location bar is bookmarked (star at the right end is yellow/blue) then click the highlighted star or use "Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl+D) to edit the properties of the bookmark (name, location) and move it to another folder or remove the bookmark.
- Click the star at the right end of the location bar once to bookmark the current site and click the highlighted star a second time to open the "Edit This Bookmark" window and move the bookmark to another folder or edit the name.
- Click the Remove button in the "Edit This Bookmark" window to remove a bookmark.
- Click the arrow at the far right of the Folder field in the "Edit This Bookmark" window to access the complete folder list. That full folder list also opens if you click the drop marker in the Folder field and select the "Choose" item. That window also has a button to create a "New Folder" (look for a button with "New Folder" or a "+" under the folder list).
- Use the "Edit This Bookmark" window to locate a bookmarked link (bookmarks have a yellow/blue star) from the location bar drop down list. Do that in Offline mode ("File > Work Offline") to avoid the link from opening.
I want to GET RID of that star !.... On one computer, every time I click on "Bookmark this page" I get that stinking "Edit this Bookmark" window. I don't WANT to "edit" that bookmark, and when I click on the dropdown list of the folder I want it to go to, It has a preloaded "suggestion" that I cannot change, and rest of my folders do not show.
HOW DO I TURN IT OFF?!?!
Did you try clicking [Remove bookmark] first?