FF does not show "click on boxes" on websites.
in FF 16.0.2 (and prior FF also): The "order" box in amazon does not show up. The rating "stars" on Netflix do not show up. On many websites boxes you need to click on do not show up. The boxes are there, but are invisible . If you know where to "click" they will work but most of the time you can't find them. If you find the right invisible spot, the "hand" shows up and you can click the invisible box.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- npmnqmp 07103007
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Windows Accessibility settings and that you allow pages to choose their colors in Firefox.
- Firefox > Preferences > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
This did not work for me.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Did you check the setting in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Universal Access ?
Please also update to Firefox 18.0.2 Update Firefox to the latest version
I don't know what to do in Universal Access. I don't see anything that would apply. You can see in the shot below on the Amazon page on the right side below "Quanity" there is no box to click. I can click the empty space and I can order just fine because I know where the box is supposed to be. On other sites however there is no indication where the "continue" or "order" box may be and it is often impossible to move the cursor around until you bump into the invisible box and get a "hand" to pop up. If there are two missing boxes as in "yes" or "no", or "order" or "cancel", even if you find a invisible box, you don't know if you are clicking on "yes" or "no".
On the Netflix shot there is supposed to be 5 stars below each movie. As you can see, they are invisible. I can find them because I no where to look but I can't rate the movie with my "hand" cursor because I can't tell which of the 5 stars I am pointing to.
Thanks for your help
It would be in Seeing as listed here:
- Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Seeing: Display
I don't know if this is different on your Mac 10.5 version
Well I made the mistake of downloading 18.0.2 as Tylerdowner recommended. Now FF does not work with my mac X 10.5.8. I had FF 16.0.2 installed but when I tried to reinstall it, and clicked on install all I got was a box of gibberish. Anyone can help me get back where I was?
Ah, sorry, missed that you were on 10.5. Here is 16 ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/16.0.2/mac/en-US/
Thanks Tyler that got FF back. I should have had my Mac posted: it is Os X 10.5.8 Was not your fault.
Modified by mary7