I use tiny.cc to make tiny URLs, and Firefox is giving me this message for the website or any of my previous links: "Disallowed Key Characters."
Tiny.cc worked previously. I have updated my firefox to latest version, but it still doesn't work. As I OFTEN have to shrink a link to use in a tweet, this is very distressing, and although I've searched and searched, I cannot find a solution. (Other than to open safari, which is a PITA. and eew.)
Additional System Details
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Does this issue occur on another browser? Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?
The issue does not occur with Safari. And yes, I've cleared the cache/cookies.
Make sure that you haven't included HTML or other code if you copy text from a web page to the clipboard.
You can check that via the right-click context menu and choose "View Selection Source".