Yahoo mail not working
Recently there had been problems with Yahoo Mail and java, I updated but still unable to use it. The strange thing is that I have a PC (XP) whre it will not work and a laptop (win 7 ) where it does work. Both computers have the latest update of Java and both have the most current version of FF. Anyone have any ideas why one works and the other does not. Maybe it is not java, but I can't think of anything else. Open to suggestions. Thanks
thanks, I do not have ghostery, but after posting the question I did more research and found a post that said the avg do not track was the issue. I disabled it and now Yahoo works! Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Read this answer in context 5
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Winamp Application Detector
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, other users had problems using yahoo mail recently when they had addons or external software present which blocked tracking sites (like ghostery, avg or others).
can you check in firefox > addons > extensions if there's ghostery listed there for example? if so, add an exception for yahoo mail: click on the ghostery icon while you're in yahoo's webmail, choose "edit blocking options" & then don't block on this domain...
thanks, I do not have ghostery, but after posting the question I did more research and found a post that said the avg do not track was the issue. I disabled it and now Yahoo works! Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-yahoo recently screwed around with their email and will not work with FF. i suggest switching to Opera---yahoo mail and Firefox are no longer compatible---Opera seems to work well-or better switch to Hotmail--works with all browsers.
yahoo mail does support firefox - http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3257
you might want to go through the steps listed in Websites look wrong or appear differently than they should in case you're having issues...
Could you walk me thru the steps to correct this.Ghostery is new to me. As of today,when I sign into yahoo email,it takes me to inbox,after 5 seconds it disappears and I get AT T YAHOO 404 NOT FOUND.
Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found
Showing related results for: http://us-mg205.mail.yahoo.com*msg_1367532215694*y=http//mail.yi...
I cannot attach files or save a draft in AT&T Yahoo mail. This just started to happen about a week or two ago. Any suggestions?