maps.google.com doesn't work. I have downloaded latest version and cleared cache.
maps.google.com doesn't work in Firefox anymore - but it still works fine in IE.
I cleared the cache and installed the new beta version that is supposed to put up a red icon when Java is blocked. (Don't know if that's an issue with maps.google.com - but even if it is, I'm not getting the red icon. Just a frozen screen showing me a map of where I live with all links and buttons apparently deactivated).
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
I checked and updated all plugins, but maps.google.com still doesn't function in Firefox. In any case, as far as I know, no plugin is required to use that site unless you specifically ask for the map to be displayed using Google Earth.
What is your next suggestion?