today, january, 23, I have to download firefox 17.0. How can I get it?
I did the automatic update from version 17.0 to 18.1. My bank, which is Banco do Brasil, informed me on the phone that version 18.0.1 is a beta version (SIC), and that if I want to access my bank account there, I have to go back to version 17. How can I download and install a prior version of Firefox?
No, your bank is wrong. Firefox 18.0.1 is NOT a beta version and you should well be able to use the bank software with it. Downgrading to an older version of Firefox is not supported as it leaves you open to many known security holes.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Internet Banking Helper
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
No, your bank is wrong. Firefox 18.0.1 is NOT a beta version and you should well be able to use the bank software with it. Downgrading to an older version of Firefox is not supported as it leaves you open to many known security holes.
(First offered to release channel users on January 8, 2013)
It is 19.0 that is currently on Beta channel as 19.0b2.