How do I get Firefox to support 32 bit page?
I upgraded to Mountain Lion and now have trouble with Firefox, saying I need to open in 32 bit page. Don't know how to do that. Also won't open PDF files. May change to different browser.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Motive Mac Client Downloader
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Firefox for Mac is now 64 bit. What do you mean, a 32 bit page? The code on web pages has nothing to do with what CPU you have.
If you cannot get Firefox to handle PDF files on its own, you can have it use a helper application instead. Preview can open PDF files.