user preferences will not save on windows xp. clean install will not work.
User options will not save. I have followed all the instructions to do a clean install which included removing the old firefox files and user profiles. I am using Windows xp SP3. The only thing I have not edited is the registry information for firefox. I can not get the options to save correctly. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, is this only affecting some certain preferences or do none of them get saved after a restart?
none of them get saved after a restart.
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.
Is there a prefs.js file created with the correct date/time stamp?
Try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
Norton security. Can't see any settings that are preventing Firefox. I do have a new prefs file. created with clean install. have tried deleating it an even renaming it as well. tried the links already.