How can I reduce potentially unwanted Aurora windows
1. I'm using the auto-update mode for my Aurora. 2. Days ago, the new Aurora made me sad: Before some updates applied, it made me cool, cuz I can open many tabs in one window; and now I had to open some potentially unneeded windows when I tried to launch some options listed in my IM program!
Question: How can I run all the tabs in one window using current version of Aurora 20?
Thanks in advance!
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Xunlei scriptability Plugin
- QQPCMgr Mozilla Extenstion
- QQ QuickLogin Helper
- npQQPhotoDrawEx Module
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- iTrusPTA&XEnroll hwPTA,IEnroll,UKeyInstalls for FireFox,version=18.104.22.168
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20130121 Firefox/20.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
See also these prefs:
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.link.open_newwindow and browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external
Hi, Cor-el there, thx for your help, but the Aurora Safe Mode just did NOT help me out of the window trouble. When I clicked some option from my IM software, my aurora just opened a new window for me.
Did you inspect the browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external pref on the about:config page?
Setting this pref to 3 should open external links in a new tab.
The meanings of its values are the same as of the browser.link.open_newwindow pref.
I opened [about:config], then I manually set [browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external] to value, 3. But it did not work... -- it was "-1". :(