FF 18.0.1 and Norton Tool bar -- Crash Reports
Moderator edited to insert line breaks for better readability
Modified by the-edmeister
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Google Update
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.11 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- AlternaTIFF v1.9.3
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Checking the crash reports they have the crash signature coffplgn.dll@0xc7d5
This crash signature indicates that it is Norton Confidential that is causing the crashing. Norton are aware of the bug involving Norton Confidential and are working on a fix. Mozilla are working with Norton with this and have been looking for people with the problem to assist them as they hope it will help them identify the cause of the crash and speed up releasing a fix.
If you would like to help you can send a private message to Tyler Downer who works for Mozilla and is an administrator on this forum. (click on his name to see his profile which contains a link to send a PM)
Pending a fix, as a workaround you can disable the Norton Toolbar. Your system will still be protected by Norton anti-virus and firewall if you have them, but will not have access to the extra features offered by the toolbar.
Another workaround is to force the installation of FireFox back to version 17.x. (And disable the automatic update while this issue is not solved). Userful as even the Safe Mode of Firefox 18.x crashes, therefore preventing the user to access the plugins management screen.