how to add/delete items in right click context menu when opening a new link FF17 osx... 6 instances of open link in new identity profile have appeared
The menu items appeared without any idea why, they had not been there before. I have macbook with os 10.6.8 I had been trying to get pdf to work in firefox, so had followed a recipe suggesting enabling the pdf reader part of firefox. Required making 2 adjustments to the about:config. One disabling the browser.preferences.incontent and would changing default of pdfjs. Pdf still won't display, but don't know if what I did is related. Now I am trying to just find out how the menu gets modified at all, and whether I can do so as a user.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- NDS Player Plugin
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.6
- Folx Downloader Netscape plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Sounds like an issue caused by a an add-on.
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode
Which menu items do you get in the right-click context menu?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
A little research revealed addons can add items to context menu, in this case multifox adds option to open tab in new profile for multiple gmail etc logins. I had updated addons earlier, think that triggered it. So now I know why and what it does. The problem is why 6 times listed (instead of just one)... it also varies, sometimes the context menu will have one instance... and have seen as many as 9. Not sure why it varies, but would still also like to know how to modify context menu. Could just be a bug in multifox with FF17 I suppose. I will disable multifox and see if problem goes away.