How to remove the auto update adds on search when Mozilla starts?
When I start Mozilla firefox, a tab with auto update for adds on pops up. Since I'm at the university network, I need to log in in the browser before I get access to internet. Which means that I don't have internet when I start firefox, and the auto update can't update with internet. The tab just stay and update for half an hour before it closes itself. Is there a way that I can remove the auto update? I haven't found anything about it in the settings yet.
Additional System Details
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
There's an option to disable automatic updates on AddOns, maybe it will work for you. Just go to Firefox -> Add.Ons -> (the addOns panel manager will open) -> there's a gear icon near the search box, click on it -> remove the "Update Add-Ons Automatically" flag