Firefox 17 does not work properly
After Firefox 17 installed itself I began having problems with some web site graphics not loading properly such as Wikipedia and Facebook. It is hard to describe without showing a picture but if it happened to you as well you will know what I mean.
Update back up to Firefox 17 (using older versions is very insecure) and then read Websites look wrong or appear differently than they shouldRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
I am using Win 7 and everything else works fine as do most web sites. I went to those sites not working with IE and they displayed fine. I uninstalled FF 17 and installed an older version and the problem went away. So if anyone else has had this problem what is the fix for FF 17?
Update back up to Firefox 17 (using older versions is very insecure) and then read Websites look wrong or appear differently than they should
I have Moz Backup so it is not to dangerous. None of those topics seems to fit and I already tried some of them to no avail
Yes it is dangerous, as Firefox 12 has dozens of known security holes that are being publicly exploited. Did you even try updating and trying the steps in the article?
I reinstalled 17 and that fixed the problem for now. Thanks!