when I go to certain web-sites now(such as Amazon.com/ebay/there is a yellow tab on the right side in the middle of the page that has "Local directory" written
on it. what is this and is this something new? If so, how do I get rid of it
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
It might be a feature of an add-on. Could you review the list on the following page and disable everything that is not essential, restart Firefox, and see whether it goes away:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
By the way, you are not really running Firefox 4.0.1 are you? There might be a problem with the forum's version detection; you can check Help > About Firefox for the true version. Version 4 contains numerous publicly disclosed security vulnerabilities and is dangerous to use on the web. You should update ASAP.