Firefox constantly crashes
Firefox constantly crashes and it's getting worse. It seems to be more and more frequent. Also, before it crashes it often spends hours or longer hanging, lagging and using excess memory (often 1-1.5g of ram).
I've attached the last 3 crash details below (from about:crashes).
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- ProtoView 3D Viewer
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- IE Tab plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- AlternaTIFF v1.9.1
- Dassault Systemes 3DVIA Shape Plug-in
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
hello toponder, unfortunately the crash reports come back as empty & don't contain a hint on what is triggering the crashes. however you can still try to reset firefox which will hopefully also address the high RAM usage (this will keep your bookmarks & passwords) & to upgrade your graphics driver & plugins.