A pop up Funmoods keeps coming up I am unable to use my main firefox menu am unable to open any of mu bookmarks
How can I get rid of this Funmood pop up. I cannot access my firefox accounts As soon as I click onto the icon for firefox the screen defaults to Funmoods
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This is Nan from Community&Support @Funmoods and would like to offer you a set of instructions in order to uninstall Funmoods in case you haven't followed them before.
To removetoolbar/New Tab Open Firefox, go to Add-ons Manager (Ctrl+Shift+A) > Select "Funmoods" and click on Remove
To remove from Home page: Open FireFox, go to Tools > Options > on "startup" section click on "Restore to Default" button Then click on "OK"
To remove from search engine: Search button--- Manage Search Engines---- select "Funmoods"---- Remove For a step by step uninstall guide, please watch our tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT5PWzLDptc
To remove from Internet Explorer Win7/Vista from toolbar: Go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program OR Programs and Features > Select "Funmoods" and click on Uninstall
To remove from Home page: go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Home page" section click on "Use Default" Then click on "OK"
To remove from search engine: go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Search" section click on "Settings" > select "Live Search" or "Google" or "Bing" and click on "Set Default" > select "Search" and click on "Remove" > OK > OK
New tab (Internet Explorer 8-9)
go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Tabs" section click on "Settings" > on "When a new tab is opened, open:" select "The new tab page" > OK > OK
In Chrome, to remove toolbar: Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Tools > Extensions > Click on the "bin" to remove
To remove as homepage: Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Settings > on the "Appearance" section, check the "Show Home button" > Change > select "Use the New Tab page"
To remove as search engine: Go to your browser----Click on the tools icon---- options------Change search defaults ----- settings ----- click the name of your preferred search engine---- set as default---- (to remove Funmoods search)----select Funmoods ----remove---- okay
-Or- Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Settings > on the "Search" section choose Google on the drop down menu For a step by step uninstall and reset homepage guide, please watch our tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT5PWzLDptc