Yahoo! recommending Firefox 16 for Windows 2000 users
Mozilla Firefox Optimized for Yahoo! System Requirements Windows Operating Systems
Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista or 7
Dear Yahoo! do NOT rub salt in my wound.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.524
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Have Yahoo! take down misinformation. It is not only wrong but reminds W2K users like myself we are castoffs and the unwanted.
Looks like Yahoo! haven't updated the System Requirements on their site for a while.
Have you contacted them to notify them of their error?
Note that for now you can still use the Firefox 10 ESR version on Windows 2000 until they switch to Firefox 18.
That version still gets security updates.
I tweeted Yahoo and they said they would look into it.
I've looked into Firefox 10 ESR and I think I'll stick with Firefox 12.
Firefox 10.0.* is more up to date security wise compared to the old Firefox 12.0 as it does not have the security patches that the newer versions have.
Also you may be able to get Firefox 13.0 and newer to work on Win2000 as per http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2482475
here is how i installed firefox 16 on windows 2000
if this is confusing just reply for help
Modified by hjm1999