Web sites keep directing that my verison of Firefox is not up to date, but I'm using 16.0.1, what is the deal?
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that has not helped.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
3 weeks to month ago.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.16
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA v220.127.116.11
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Pando Web Installer
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 GTB6 FBSMTWB
There is a support article directly on point: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version. Does that work?
You have a corrupted user agent (Fast Brows Search: FBSMTWB) that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.5
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 GTB6 FBSMTWB
You need to reset the general.useragent.override pref on the about:config page.
- Open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for general.useragent via the Search bar at the top of the about:config page.
- Reset all general.useragent prefs that appear bold (user set) via the right-click context menu to their default value.