Firefox is not saving my history and cookie settings.
I have been going to "Options" and changing my settings to "Never Remember History" and then I hit "OK". When I return to "Options" either in the same window or after closing out, it's hasn't changed and is still at the old setting "Use Custom Settings for History."
Can someone help me adjust these privacy settings so that they are saved and do not return back to an old customization?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
The "Use custom settings for history" selection allows to see the current history and cookie settings, but selecting this doesn't make any changes to history and cookie settings.
Firefox shows the "Use custom settings for history" selection as an indication that at least one of the history and cookie settings is not the default to make you aware that changes were made.
If all History settings are default then the custom settings are hidden and you see "Firefox will: (Never) Remember History".
"Never Remember History" means that Private Browsing is active and "Always use private browsing mode" gets a check mark.