It prompts me to download the new firefox and when I try it won't allow me. It either says firefox is running or it can't replace the current program.
I can't download the new version of Firefox. When I attempt to it won't allow me to. Help!!!
Additional System Details
A few times a week
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- npmnqmp 071503000004
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110420 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.17 FBSMTWB
I followed all the instructions with no success!
Try downloading it from here:
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 16.0.1: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (e.g. open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.