fantasticgamesmetacrawler search engine has been installed and I cannot uninstall it using any instructions i have found--can you give me instructions?
fantastic games was downloaded, now their metacrawler search engine is the default search engine and I cannot get rid of it. I went to settings and uninstalled it, but it still defaults. I have Google set as home page, but if I use the top line to enter searches, it defaults to the fantastic games webcrawler.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
try the excellent SearchReset add-on
I too have this same problem. I installed firefox and got a malware Isearch.fantasticgames.....
Using a addon dissabler is not a solution. It is just hiding the problem. Is there a solution to removing this? I cannot reset the default search engine now. Whether in firefox or IE. Thanks