Usually only get this when I shut down. Sometimes I have to hit the shut off button which I dont like but my computer gets all the way down to a blank gray screen then hangs there if I dont hit the button. Other times my computer behaves and shuts down fine.
My tech skills are pretty high. I'm not a coder but I have fixed my own computer a few times.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
No idea. None.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1996
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- DNL Reader
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- Macromedia Authorware Web Player Netscape plug-in, version 2004
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I read others entry- I dont have Zone Alarm but I did a registry search and found a winamp entry. I dont know what winamp is.
Try to disable all unneeded plugins to see if that helps.
You also have two Adobe Shockwave for Director plugins, so remove the older version and only keep the latest.
See also "Manually uninstalling a plugin":
I have this problem on shut down, when it states that the program is not responding. When I click "end now", the computer shuts down. Next time I start, I can used email, but neither Firefox or Explorer will open. So how do I delete plug-ins without a browser?