Is there a way to turn off or uninstall Quick Find? I HATE this annoying feature. It's enough to send me back to IE!
I'm running Windows 7, and Firefox 14. I hate Quick Find. It annoys me constantly, and if I can't find a way to uninstall it, I'll just find another browser. There's nothing on your forum about uninstalling it or turning it off. This software was the best several versions ago. Just stop already!
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- TestGen plug-in, Version 7.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Just acquired this lovely problem, surprised to find that mozilla doesn't have a solution yet since the problem seems to have first showed its ugly head in 2008 (thanks google) Would really appreciate a quick solution to this problem as its extremely annoying especially when you're trying to use twitter ! Using firefox 18, have search for text when I start typing unchecked, & have found no other solutions available. With the previous poster will not be using fire fox anymore if a solution is not forthcoming in short order.
Modified by 1BrowserUser
Try unchecking "Search for text when I start typing" in Options > Advanced > General.