Status bar disappeared
I had to disable something(?) in add-ons, in order to be able to read PDF's. It was Adobe Acrobat NPAPI plug-in, version 10.1.4 Did not have this problem before. THEN I noticed that my status bar no longer had my weather icon, date or showed status of loading site. Any questions I type take me to old answers, for Firefox 4 or so. I am using 14.0.1 iMac, 10.6.8
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Firefox removed the old style status bar in version 4, see What happened to the Status Bar?
Maybe you had the add-ons bar turned on for the weather icon? If that was the case, pressing command and / on the keyboard will bring it back up. See, The Add-on Bar gives you quick access to add-on features.
See also View > Toolbars
I have done the command /, just restores an empty status bar. The answer submitted does not work. I cannot get my weather or status working. I had to reselect disable the above add - on so i could read a PDF...I had tried resetting Firefox to see if that would help. The answers pertain to Firefox 4, I am using Firefox 14.0.1.
Same situation here. I have several icons that cannot be moved from the non-existent status bar, such as NoSquint and Delicious. They will not budge from the status bar.
Mozilla's removing the status bar from Firefox was a Microsoft move - we're going to do it, you have no say in the matter, and, no, you don't have the choice to view the status bar.