i already downloaded the new firefox and it keeps asking me to do it again... and I cannot get back my orginal opening window for firefox
when it said I had to download the new firefox I did and now I have all kinds of icons in my appications and i cannot get back to opening in yahoo page unless I go to bookmarks... and it keeps telling me to unload the new firefox...it keep telling me to download the new one and giving me new icons and no results and it is all messed up....
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
6 weeks ago
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2010031218 Firefox/3.0.19
how do I straightn this mess....
You are actually using a very old version of Firefox that was released in 2008 (Firefox 3). Go to www.getfirefox.com and download the newest Version. Install it. How to download and install Firefox on Mac. This will update your Firefox, but keep all your bookmarks, etc.
Also, Update all your plugins (Flash, Java, etc.): http://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/.