when firefix crached or the PC Suddenly unplugged from power, the cache become empty
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
See this thread about a similar question:
thanx man :) i really owe you big time and now i have solution i take a copy of cache_map and when firefox crashed i put cache_map in the trash cache so the problem solved and thank you again
Replacing the _CACHE_MAP_ file with an older copy is not a good idea.
I'm not sure if the Cache fixer extension still works with current Firefox versions, but you can give the version posted here a try:
The maxVersion is 4.0, so you may need to bump it by editing the install.rdf file.
I'll try what has dickvl said in that question and tell you what happend...
i have installed it successful and i will wait until the firefox crash again or wait for the Power cuts.
Modified by moaadmelhas
Or you can kill the Firefox process in the Task Manager to force a crash situation.
and what about power failure ?
i have installed Cache fixer extension but it didn't work with this version this is the worst problem in firefox :/