Why am I unable to post comments from FF. I can do it from IE, but it takes ages. Virus etc. checked.
1. I am unable to post comments from FF, but I can do it from IE, though it takes ages with IE. Checked for Virus etc. with McAfee, ZoneAlarm and Spybot. FF versions 4 later changed to 12. Both do not allow - just keeps waiting (tried up to about 1 hour). It started about a month ago.
2. I am unable to attach .pdf files from FF in Yahoo Mail. It works from IE - though it takes ages (script?).
I am using 'NO Script' from FF - but for most cases I have to go to 'partially allowed' mode.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about a month or two ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
FF4 and FF12 with NoScript (in 'partial' mode for most cases).
Virus and Malware checked with McAfee, Spybot and ZoneAlarm.
They did not find anything wrong.
OS: Windows 2000 [I know it is outdated but it is the best of MS
- later versions added more cosmetics and posted more sentries
(a nuisance really)].
Note: I use isolated systems for other work - no problems or
crashes since 2006 in 6 networked computers. Wonder why?
(1) As instructed I went to 'run' and typed in the code. It took me to 'xuowtwd1.default' folder under 'Profiles'. There were several files stored there and I did not know what to do. Next... (2). As suggested I went to 'troubleshooting Information' under 'Help' drop down list. (3). Followed instructions, but could not find the 'Reset Profile' button. (4). It said the instructions were not for my version (V12) of FF. (5). Downloaded V. 14.0.1 (6). Will not install. As mentioned earlier I am using Windows 2000 (p.s.initial complaint)
Ok, you are running Firefox 12 on Windows 2000. We've dropped support for Windows 2000, so what we will be able to do for you is pretty limited. Firefox no longer works with Windows 2000.
To create a new profile, just use the profile manager. Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles