Whenever I go to Google Quick Search, the characters %s appear, and I have to delete them before I can enter my search. How can I permanently delete them?
When I bring up the Google Quick Search box, these characters always appear: %s
How can I permanently delete them?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Upgrade your browser to Firefox 9 and check
In a bookmark you can use %s as a replacement for parameters with a keyword bookmark.
With a keyword bookmark you enter the keyword in the location bar and add a space and the search terms.
If you invoke such a keyword bookmark directly the the search term will be the %s
If you have this bookmark with e keyword g then you can invoke a search by typing g firefox in the location bar