Firefox is no longer displaying webpages properly.
After a system update, Firefox is no longer displaying webpages properly; e.g., no graphics in Google or Yahoo, like bare bones html. Have tried system restore, no effect. I have the latest version, 8.0.1, and have re-installed it. Plug-ins seem up-to-date. Pages display okay in other browser. Thought of trying uninstall, but concerned about losing favourites, etc. OS is Windows 7, x64 bit. Please help. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Make sure that you allow pages to choose their colors and that you haven't enabled High Contrast in the Accessibility settings.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
It was just the cache! Weird, embedded videos wouldn't play, even youtube vids wouldn't play. All well now. Thanks so much!