Unable to change the internet temp folder with "browser.cache.disk.parent_directory".
I would like to change my internet temp folder. But I cannot change it with the "browser.cache.disk.parent_directory" method. thank you
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 QQDownload/1.7
Are you using the correct format for the path?
The path separator must be two backslashes (e.g., "C:\\Path\\To\\Parent").
In Firefox 10.0.2, changing and using the path browser.cache.disk.parent_directory does work, but in Firefox 11 it does NOT work. Tested on 3 systems (Windows 7, 64bit). When going back to Firefox 10.0.2 the disk cache path works again.
Also, when showing about:cache, the Disk Cache Device information section is not shown at all in Firefox 11.
Using single or double slants in the path does not help!
Because I want all temporary files on harddisk and not on SSD, this setting is important to work as it should do.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode.
To see all History and Cookie settings, choose:
- Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
No Private Mode is used at all. So, that is not the issue.
Since update from Firefox 10.0.2 to Firefox 11 this happened on all the computers here. Also checked on other people's computers, same issue. It's must be a bug.
Modified by Willem52
Does the disk cache work if you use the standard location?
No, but the Memory Cache Device is used instead. Well, maybe that has been changed from 10 to 11.