I upgraded to 6.02 and still get this message from Gmail: "You are using an old version of Firefox which Gmail no longer supports. Some features may not work correctly. Upgrade to new version."
When I opened Gmail in my Firefox browser, I got a message I've never seen, before: "You are using an old version of Firefox which Gmail no longer supports. Some features may not work correctly. Upgrade to new version." I clicked on upgrade to a new version and was taken to the Mozilla site, where I downloaded the latest version of Firefox... then, when I restarted my computer, Gmail still gives me the same message!! What's going on?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I downloaded the latest version of Firefox.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- npmnqmp 071800999999
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I haven't installed any new add-ons and nothing else has been changed... why does Gmail think I've got an old version of the Firefox browser? I've got the latest version of Firefox!!
You posted with a Firefox 3.5.5. user agent:
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Had the same problem, reset your user agent, solved it, here's the how to: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Websites+or+add-ons+incorrectly+report+incompatible+browser
I have another problem - Firefox no longer supports my Mac OSX so I can't download the latest Firefox. At least not without changing my operating system. Maybe that will be bad luck for Gmail...
Firefox 4 and later require at least OS X 10.5 and a Mac with an Intel processor.
For an unofficial Firefox ESR 10.0.4 compatible version (TenFourFox) that runs on PowerPC Macs with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Be aware that TenFourFox doesn't support plugins.