In addition to the above-mentioned pop-up message, sometimes I get the following:
These pop-ups prevent me from doing anything on the computer until I close the pop-up window, which is sometimes quite difficult.
Are you using the McAfee Site Advisor? It has been causing that message to appear. Disable it in the Add-on Manager tab > Extensions until McAfee can fix it.Read this answer in context 9
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.9
- Version 220.127.116.11
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Curl RTE 3.0 Plug-in
- Curl RTE 3.0 API Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
Are you using the McAfee Site Advisor? It has been causing that message to appear. Disable it in the Add-on Manager tab > Extensions until McAfee can fix it.
I have done as you suggested. I'll see if it helps and revert. Many thanks.
Tried to check to see if McAfee Site Advisor is enabled... but now the Add-on Manager won't load... opens a new tab, but then just spins. What's going on?
I'm not computer-literate enough to answer your question, but I can confirm that the solution that was recommended to me has indeed worked, and I have had no problem with these pop-ups for the last week. - Chris.
Click on the Extensions item on the left-side when the Addons Manager opens.